Thursday, February 5, 2009

Lilly's B.Day Revisited

This is the picture posted on Lilly's Birthday, the color cast was driving me nuts. It was shot in my kitchen with no flash and no in camera white balance (opps...). Last night I participated in a great on-line class about color corrections, I sat at home and watched the class on-line and talked to the instructor over the phone. It was great to take a class from the comfort of my own home. Tell me what you think, do you like the color corrected version? It makes a big difference especially when viewed side by side. I know the two pictures are slightly different I took them one right after another, I corrected the first picture I took, but you can get the idea.


Photobucket


Another example of color corrections. Can you tell I am having fun now? It reminds me of when I could print my own pictures with total control over every aspect. Honestly I was having a hard time with trying to tell the mini lab workers what I wanted!

Photobucket

3 comments:

terramisu said...

I'm a dork- I like all of them. What is the b4 and after???

(See I told you I was a dork!)

Anonymous said...

I think the color corrected one is better of Lilly, but I do like them both, too.

dots said...

ok, i just found your blog...so, even with all of the color correcting you do, the labs (I use Costco :) still don't seem to be able to reproduce what I have on my computer screen. Obviously I'm not too pro...but with what little I do...shat do you do about that?