Wednesday, April 22, 2009

My Evelyn

Evelyn has been playing the violin for 4 years now! I can't believe that it has been so long since we got her first violin and she struggled with just being able to hold on to it. I watch her practice now and I am amazed at how far she has come since those early days. I will admit the violin has been a love/hate relationship. She hates when she can't seem to get the song just right but when she does she is so excited to share it with everyone. She calls grandparents, aunts and uncles to play her newly learned songs over the phone for them. We have video taped her performances and emailed them to family all over. We are extremley lucky to have found a violin teacher who lovingly pushes her past her comfort limits to help her become a confident violin player. She loves going to lessons even though sometimes I think she is going for some "adult conversation." She told me the other day she loves that her teacher listens to her, really listens to her. She has learned so much over the past four years.

This is a picture exactly how I wanted to capture it. She plays some of her songs so much that she learns them by heart. When I ask her to play a song she will close her eyes and play it. I love to watch her when she is like that totally wrapped up in the music not caring what is going on around her. Enjoy!


1 comment:

Lisa said...

I enjoy our 'conversations' too :)

I am sure going to miss having your family next door.....but happy that at least you will still be in the neighborhood!

This picture of Evelyn is perfect. She looks so focused!