Sunday, April 12, 2009

My Lillian

Three years ago we took Lilly to the farmers market. There she saw a girl playing a cello. Our tiny, barely three year old stood there mesmerized by the music. From that day on she begged and pleaded and dreamed about playing a cello herself. We made a deal that if she could learn her whole alphabet and sounds we would enroll her in cello lessons. Less than six months later an almost four year triumphed and not only knew her alphabet but was reading!! For her birthday she received her cello and started lessons. It has been two years since she started and Lillian has impressed us greatly with her hard work and determination. I love to sit and listen to her practicing her cello and counting out loud to herself.


Yesterday we took advantage of the nice weather and went to the park in search of a place to take a picture of a very special little girl. It was an adventure with a cello. She sat and played her cello and I took pictures of her. Her cello in this picture is off to the side, a direct result of placing the pin in the soft spring earth. Lillian has a very special place in the family and I was hoping to capture a bit of her spirit. I hope you enjoy!

6 comments:

Lisa Christine said...

Oh Charlene! This is the best picture I have ever seen! Lilly is doing SO well lately and is a joy to have as a student :)

Stacey said...

You are so incredibly talented... and you have some REALLY cute photo subjects!

terramisu said...

She needs her fairy dress with wings on...it looks like something out of a fairy tale!!!

alexandra said...

Speaking of cellos my sister was at my violin lessens and she was being so good and not talaing that my teacher said that he will give her lessens winn she gits older. winn she starts larning she and lillian can play duets together:)by the way me my self will i don't no if she no's how to play o'to joy but lorelai me and lillian can play duets playing o''to joy:) i was on my moms blog so i had to tipe my name in:)

Jennifer said...

Oh my gosh, Charlene, this is gorgeous. This really needs to appear in a music magazine somewhere. You--and your daughter--are hugely talented. I love it!

tania said...

Gorgeous! Where did you find such a pretty setting in Kennewick? I love it!