Friday, August 14, 2009

Oh Baby!!

This past weekend I had the exciting opportunity to attend a workshop in San Diego, put on by the photographers at Baby as Art. I have been drooling over/stalking their website for the past year. What they do as photographers is inspirational to say the least. I really admire their work because it is clean and simple and the baby is clearly the focus of their art.

The workshop was great, Carrie and Britt were excellent instructors. They were both so patient with the babies and with the questions we asked. Carrie also opened up her home to us, allowing us to spend the night (and ask more questions). I learned so much from how they interact with babies and families to photoshop conversions. I really didn't want the weekend to end.

I took the following image which was styled by Carrie and Britt. I came home with the raw image and applied what I learned at the workshop. I am so excited to begin photographing newborns and using what I learned this weekend.





Right now I am looking for a newborn (5-14 days old) to work with. In exchange for letting me practice I will give the parents a CD with hopefully 10 edited files and one free 8x10 of their favorite pose. So if anyone knows of anybody who is expecting or has a newborn (5-14 days old), have them send me an email! After this final practice session I will begin charging my regular setting fee and cd's will only be available for purchase with a minimum order.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

Lisa Christine said...

Oh man....now I wish I were having another baby so that you could photograph it. But I do want to hire you to take our Christmas photos :)

As for Silverwood. That does sound fun, but Elisabeth has surgery on Friday at Sacred Heart (to fix her bum). So she won't be up to it. What days are you going? Are you going Friday and Saturday? If you are there on Friday then maybe Donald could take the girls and meet up with you for a while while Elisabeth and I are at the hospital :) The girls get bored at the hospital quite quickly!

Brenda said...

That is adorable! Too bad I am not due until FEBRUARY! I am excited to see more of what you do with these precious babies!