Monday, September 7, 2009

Henry's New Shoes

Henry is growing fast. I type that statement and can not believe how much he has grown this summer. He went from doing the army crawl to a full-fledged walker. Well, I say walker but in reality he is a runner. Henry moves fast and I am reminded everyday how hard it is to keep up with a toddler. In celebration of this milestone, we went to the mall and bought him a pair of "big kid shoes" complete with laces and everything. The shoes have helped him out and unfortunately have helped him move faster! This is the one shot I got of the new shoes that wasn't a blur. After chasing him around, we thought it would be a good idea to put him on Tessa's scooter to get him to stand still. It worked until we had to take him off, I will skip posting the picture of the meltdown after extracting him from the big kid toys.

Enjoy!





I am loving the textures right now. It reminds me of back in the day when I was in school and trying out every different technique I could. I would spend weeks researching different formulas and photographers who printed on every imaginable surface, paper, glass, or metal. Pinhole cameras, zone plates, cyanotypes, polaroid transfers anything that was considered alternative processing I had to try. I even think a pinhole camera accompanied Stephen and I on our honeymoon.

I love the photographs that cross the line between a piece of art and a snapshot. For some reason hand coating the surface of paper and exposing it to light, getting back to the very beginning of photography, is so fulfilling. I loved the idea that I created something with my hands. I am happy that I can duplicate some of the looks of these photographs on the computer but am really missing getting my hands dirty. One day I will have the time and space to do this again but for now I will take what I can get.

1 comment:

Branden Beasley said...

I love this picture!