Tuesday, September 1, 2009

So Long Summer

Before I can post about the start of school and how well the kids are doing I first must say farewell to summer. Summer has been good to us, the sleeping in, the long days of nothing to do, the trips to the park, eating outside, bubbles blown, warm evenings, cool treats, I could go on and on but I suspect many of the same things are missed by lots of people. Summer has been really good to us and it is hard to say goodbye. It is really hard at 6 am when I am forcing myself into the shower so I can waken the children to get ready for school, going to the park with only two children, looking at my watch and wondering how the girls are doing, being strict about bedtime, and oh probably one of the most physical discomforts of the departure of summer; shoes and socks. Summer can not come back soon enough!

One last adventure in the park this Sunday, the last tromp before school officially started. Enjoy!

2 comments:

terramisu said...

Amen Sista!!!

Lisa Christine said...

That picture goes perfectly with this post.